For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16
The Bible tells us the authors wrote as the Holy Spirit directed (2 Peter 1:20-21). People did not write their own ideas. They wrote messages they received from God through the Holy Spirit.
Accounts about the life of Jesus were written by those that had followed Him. Before Jesus returned to heaven, He promised the Holy Spirit would remind people of all that He had said, and teach them all things—the truth. (John 14:26} All the 66 different books of the Bible were collected and organized by believers into what we call the Bible.
We can know the Bible is from God, because:
- It does not have mistakes or contradictions.
- Written future events, (Prophecies) have always come true, even though some prophecies were written hundreds of years earlier. There are over 600 prophecies that have come true and no prophecies that have been proven false.
- The truth it contains has changed countless lives of many people. Many times miraculously.
- It does not contradict with history, archaeology or true science.
- It has survived through thousands of years, even with great opposition.
No other religious book or any other book for that matter can claim all these things.
Why did God give us the Bible?
- Because God loves us, and wants us to know that He loves us. The Bible is like a love letter to people from God.
- So we can come to know God and have a personal relationship with Him.
- We cannot love something we know nothing about. That is why God tells us about Himself in the Bible.
- So we could know how to please God, and do what is right.
- The Bible is like a map that helps us and guides us through life.
- The Bible tells us the history and future of man. God wanted to tell us where we came from and to where we are going.
- The Bible is like a sign pointing us in the right direction, towards Jesus. It tells us we are to turn from our wrong ways (sin) and follow Christ.
- The Bible was given so we can learn about how and why He died for our sins on the cross. And we can have eternal life through Him.
IS THE BIBLE TRUE?
Yes, the Bible is true! In fact the Bible calls itself the ”word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15) The Bible is a book that expresses the thoughts of God, and since God can’t lie (Titus 1:2, Hebrews 6:18), the Bible is true.
Learning the message God has for us begins with reading the Bible. A lot of people never get to that point. Many simply skim through the text. Others read books about the Bible or devotional material which are broadly based on it, but rarely read the Bible itself. Christian books and magazines added to your Bible reading are fine, but there is no substitute for reading the Scriptures. Some complain it’s hard to read and understand. God has given us the Holy Spirit to help us read, absorb, comprehend, and live by the Bible. But first we must commit to it. Pray before you study the Bible. Pray while you are studying the Bible. Pray after you have studied the Bible.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
We have added a few links for those who are searching the for ‘Word of God’. And for those who would like to develop a deeper understanding of His word and what it means for their lives. Whether you're just getting started, or have been studying the Scriptures for many years, making it a part of your daily life will bless you greatly and help you grow in faith and understanding. So what are you waiting for? The Lord is waiting at the door!
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8)
Download the Bible in your own language
Other great Bible study resources
- featuring topical, Greek and Hebrew study tools, plus concordances, commentaries, dictionaries, sermons and devotionals.
- A fast and effective way to study the Bible. Sophisticated features that are simple to use. More capabilities than you would expect for free!
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Visit our Main Site at voiceofthepersecuted.org